Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Creativity FAIL

Sooooo....another poorly hardboiled egg for breakfast and I'm still hungry. But I think I can make it until 12:30 to have my lunch. Want to know what it is? I'm not even going to say it. At least it will be in yet another different bowl.

I went to a friends art show last night and was treated to spanakopita and some meatball-falafel things. So, there was a little variety in my meals for the week, but I want to be creative. I realize that I sort of messed up the shopping, and I just don't think of things like Ricky does (what is he going to do with the ends of the bread?) or have a garden like mom (did you really have a tomato for dinner?).

HELP!

Here's what I have:

1 serving of Brown Rice
Tons of Black Beans
Cooked chicken
Mediocre Chicken Stock (that is inexplicably green)
A baking potato
A can of whole tomatoes
A little under $2 left in my budget (some of which can be used to shop in my cabinet for pasta maybe?)

What are my options?

Also, question, can I pay Ricky the rest of my money and share his dinner one night?

4 comments:

  1. What about a stuffed potato. You could only use half of the potato to save the rest for something else. Bake the potato so the insides are soft. Blend (or fork mix) some black beans with some of the stock and a one tomato from the can). Mix it with the cooked potato filling and some diced chicken and add back into the potato skin. Bake this until it gets a bit crispy! Not sure if this is any good but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to do that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. or go back to your childhood and have creamy chicken on rice. Use black beans instead of frozen peas. Actually, I am having a similar dish--with day old mushrooms and those fabulous carrots I bought for myself and my favorite large mammal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha, Just for the record...NO I didn't have a tomato for dinner. I added it to my dinner for free!

    ReplyDelete